Must You Become a Millionaire Before You Will Be Called a Success?


 


Africa's No.1 Business University (Since 2007)
Must You Become a Millionaire Before You Will Be Called a Success?
Is money a success?

In our today`s world, success is synonymous to money. If you have more money than I do, it`s generally assumed that you`re more successful than I do.

This erroneous belief has led so many people into the endless pursuit of money at the expenses of other (more) important things.

So many people have pursued money at the expense of their health. So many people have pursued money and neglected their marriages. So many people have pursued money at the expense of Heaven or their very life.

No doubt, money is the only meter by which most people in today`s world use to determine success or failure. This wrong assumption has hurt our world so much that most people simply don`t care about anything else… just money.

Must you become a millionaire before you will become “successful”?

No.

Get me right. I like money and teach so many people every day how to start business and make money. However, I belong to the school of thought that believe that money is just one out of many things that are very important in life.

As for me, having a good health is important. That`s the reason why I read many things about how I can maintain a healthy life and apply what I read to my daily lifestyle.

Having a blissful marriage is as well important to me. I have being reading books about marriage since when I was around 17 and now that I’m married, getting the best out of my marriage is more important.

I wouldn`t call someone like Paul Getty a success. Though he was one of the richest people in the world, he divorced four times in his life time. No. that, to me, is not a success.

So many rich people are having miserable homes. How can you call that a success?

My mental life is also an area I cannot joke with. I agree with what Bible says in Prov. 24; 5 “A wise man has great power, and a man of knowledge increases strength”.

Knowledge makes you powerful.

The more you know, the more awareness you will have about the world we are. The more conscious you will become and the less fear you will have. All of this leads to peace of mind and true success.

I read books on psychology, human relationship, leadership. A little science, a little geography and a little of everything.

That`s why I question things and walk against public opinions.

Knowledge is still power. That`s why (I think Nelson Mandela) said, “you cannot cage whoever is educated”. By education we`re not talking about the kind we get at school. Far more than that.

Having great friends is also one of my life`s priorities. I love people (especially smart people). That`s the reason why I invest part of my time to make and keep friends, great friends.

Some of my friends worth millions to me. I can`t imagine becoming a millionaire and being lonely or being with empty-minded people. To me, that`s not cool.

And lastly, my relationship with Jesus Christ is very important to me. So many people can call themselves Christians and still lie because they want to make money. Some people can call themselves Christians and still forge documents because they want to make money. For me, that`s not cool.

Though I love business, if I would have to lie to make more money, I will rather make a little. Though I love money, if I have to steal to be a millionaire, I will rather remain a “thousandnaire”.

What is the point I’m making here? There should be more to your life than money.

Though money is very important and being a millionaire is good, you have to  define your “success” much deeper than that.

If you focus all your life on how to make money, just after you have made enough of it, you will start becoming thirsty of some other (very) important things of life.

Now back to our question. Must you become a millionaire before you become “successful”?

No. money is meant to meet our needs. After meeting our daily needs, other things we need money for is to impress other people around us.

You heard me right. For most of us, the reason why we dream of millions of dollars is not because we need such money for any good reason, but because we want to build a name for ourselves.

There is no problem about building name for yourself. Only know that that doesn`t add anything to your real self.

My purpose in writing this tutorial actually is not to discourage being a millionaire. It will be my joy to see you becoming a billionaire, but not a miserable billionaire.

So many people are miserable millionaires and billionaire because they don`t know what true success means. They have spent most part of their life to search for money and neglect every other important areas of life.

I see so many people falling into the same error these days.

People don`t think about their health. They simply eat anything and drink anything. They don`t care about their marriage. They simply assume, “money will solve all problem”.

Most people don`t care about acquiring knowledge in every aspects of life, having a team of great friends or being in good term with God.

All they want out of life is money.

You can become a happy man/woman, full of life and joy, even without millions of dollars, if you will seek to live a balanced life, if you will invest your time, money and energy into other important areas of life aside money.

Be wise. Don`t make mistake of thinking that money alone will make you happy.

Live a balanced life.


Source: ABC

COMMENT BELOW
EmoticonEmoticon